People Helping People
Ripco Credit Union supports charitable organizations within the communities we serve. We receive many solicitations for donations as well as requests for sponsorships and volunteer support. To ensure our financial resources are being used in a way that best serves our members, we have developed the following approach to donations.
Ripco makes contributions to nonprofit organizations that serve the communities in which the majority of our members and potential members work or live. Generally, support is given to organizations that provide for the health, education and welfare needs of these areas.
We will consider sponsorships to civic, recreational, or charitable events, programs and publications within our membership service area. For such sponsorships, Ripco Credit Union expects to receive published advertising or public name recognition from the organizing group.
- Requests must be submitted via the Donation Request Form.
- Consideration for sponsorship will be based on available funds.
- Requests from Ripco Credit Union members will be given priority.
- Donations may include money, material goods, services or volunteer support.
Complete the Donation Request Form three weeks prior to the event date.
A request for donation does not guarantee funding.
Preference will be given to requests that:
- Are located within the credit union’s branch and market area
- Reflect the mission and core values of Ripco Credit Union
- Are relevant to the majority of members
- Fulfill a real need and benefit the community at large
We will generally not consider requests for the following:
- Operating or administrative costs to run an organization or business
- Promotions for any religious or political organization or events
- Organizations that may be perceived as controversial and/or for which Ripco’s support may present a reputation risk or conflict of interest to the credit union
- Individual sponsorship of sport activities or beauty pageants, such as travel and competition costs
- Direct contributions to individuals or families in need