Get Ahead with Ripco
Wouldn’t it be great if your money had a little more energy?
Because Ripco Credit is a not-for-profit cooperative, we operate solely to serve our members. In fact, every decision at Ripco Credit Union is made with our members’ financial well-being in mind. That means our fees are lower, our rates our better, and our service can’t be beat.
Membership entitles you to many premium services available only to our select group of members.
Joining Ripco Credit Union is easy and hassle-free.
Membership is open to all who live, work, or own real estate in the Wisconsin counties of Oneida, Vilas, Forest, Florence, Langlade, Lincoln or Price. Additionally, immediate family members of any other person eligible for membership is eligible for membership him or herself.
We’ve added the “fine print” below*, but if you’re wondering about eligibility, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to figure it out for you!
*Immediate family members are defined as the spouse, parents, children, stepparents, stepchildren, grandparents and grandchildren. Any other relative of a person eligible for membership is eligible for membership his or her self if the relative resides in the same household as the eligible person.
Once your eligibility is established, it just takes a $5.00 deposit or “purchase” of at least one share in the credit union. The par value of one share is $5.00, and although the money you pay for your first share remains yours, you must leave it in your primary savings account to maintain your membership.
Why choose Ripco Credit Union?
- We’ve been serving Northern Wisconsin for 86 years!
- Ripco is small enough to know your name but big enough to offer cutting-edge services.
- Our rates are better, and our fees are lower than our competitors.
- We leverage the latest fraud and identity theft securities as well as the backing of NCUA for all of your deposits.
- Our ATM network includes no-fee ATMs across the country.
- You can manage your money anywhere, anytime with online banking, text banking, mobile banking and more.
- When you join Ripco, you own a piece of the pie; your money is working for you.
- Joining is easy!
Free $1,000 of AD&D Insurance!
We are proud to partner with TruStage to offer insurance for our members, which could result in lower premiums and cost savings. Over the past 80 years, more than 17 million people have trusted TruStage for insurance coverage, including:
- Accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance — members are entitled to $1,000 of free coverage!
- Auto insurance
- Homeowners insurance
- Life insurance
- Health Insurance
Board of Directors
Every credit union is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which is elected by the members of the credit union at the annual meeting. Ripco’s current Board of Directors consists of:
- Dr. Steven Ferch, Chairman
- Rod Olson, Vice Chairman
- Bill Vancos, Secretary
- Heather Schallock, Treasurer
- Maggie Steffen, Director
- Dr. Grace Zuiker-Nash, Director
- Alyssa Borski, Director
As a credit union member-owner, you decide the destiny of Ripco by whom you elect to represent you. Our next annual meeting will be held April, 2020.