Join our Celebration
International Credit Union Day
October 15th, 2020
Since 1948, International Credit Union Day has been celebrated annually on the third Thursday of October. For Ripco, this day is a time to celebrate our members and to promote awareness of and support for the credit union difference. Credit unions are an integral part of the communities they serve, opening the doors to people of all economic levels, helping members build credit and supporting local programs essential to the community.
This year's ICU Day theme “Inspiring hope for a global community” reflects how credit unions contribute to a brighter future by providing financial empowerment to people all over the world through financial services, education and support. The global health crisis has been trying for many communities around the world, but credit unions stayed true to their cooperative principles and stepped up during this time of economic uncertainty truly inspiring hope for so many.
You’re invited to take part in our ICU Day virtual celebration happening Thursday, October 15th. Every year we have invited our members into the credit union to celebrate together. With the current health crisis, everything looks a bit different and our ICU Day celebration is going virtual.
Join us for our International Credit Union Day ONLINE celebration!
Scavenger Hunts and Facebook give-aways, winners and prize baskets!
It's all happening Thursday, October 15th!
Join the fun and find the gold! We're going to hide bags of gold all over our website. Collect them all for your chance to win! A successful scavenger hunt depends on everyone having fun and following the rules.
Scavenger Hunt Details & Official Rules
1. Everyone will look for TEN (10) numbered bags of gold on our website at www.ripco.org
2. The goal is to find ALL 10 bags of gold and write down the title of the website page you found each bag on. NOTE: The title is at the top of each page, written in blue cursive writing. HINT: Don't just look at the top of a page...
3. Once completed, email your list of pages with the heading SCAVENGER HUNT ANSWERS to email@example.com.
4. We will be holding two (2) Scavenger Hunts. One in the morning (beginning at 9:00 a.m. CST), and one in the afternoon (beginning at 1:00 p.m. CST). NOTE: The afternoon hunt will have the gold on different website pages, so if you did not win a prize in the morning you will have a second chance to win! Only one prize per person. Winning entries will be disqualified from participating in the afternoon hunt.
5. We will announce the winners as the correct answers are submitted. The first two correct submissions for the morning Scavenger Hunt will receive a gift basket with the corresponding number their correct entry was received; 1 and 2. For the afternoon Scavenger Hunt, 3 and 4. No prize substitutions allowed or monetary exchange for prize basket value.
6. We will announce each winner on FB in order. Once we have 2 morning winners, and 2 afternoon winners, the hunts will end and we will announce the Scavenger Hunt conclusion on Facebook.
7. The goal is to find all of the Gold in the fastest time for each hunt.
8. Winners authorize Ripco Credit Union the right to use their name and/or picture for promotional purposes.
9. Employees/Director of Ripco Credit Union and their immediate family are not eligible to win.
Not in the mood for a Scavenger Hunt? You'll still have an opportunity to win! Watch our Facebook page during the celebration and comment on our give-away post for your chance to win!
Facebook Give-away Details & Official Rules
1. The prize winners will receive a random prize or gift basket. The winners will be randomly selected from the Facebook drawing post.
2. To ENTER you must: Comment on the contest post on OUR page AND You must Like our Page. Shares of the contest are greatly appreciated, but not required to win. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY available in branch lobbies.
3. One entry per person.
4. Need not be present to win.
5. No purchase is required for entry.
6. Contest ends at 10:00 PM CST on Thursday, October 15th, 2020.
7. The winning entries will be randomly selected using a random number generator.
8. The winning entries will be announced via Facebook (or phone/email if alternate method of entry is utilized) post no later than Friday, the following day - by 12:00 Noon CST.
9. Your prize will be at Ripco Credit Union (Rhinelander or Eagle River branch), and must be picked up by you.
10. By submitting an entry comment or alternate method entry, you are authorizing Ripco Credit Union the right to use your entry submissions (comment, name and/or picture) for promotional purposes.
11. This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated with Facebook.
12. The winners will be notified via Facebook.
13. Employees/Director of Ripco Credit Union and their immediate family are not eligible to win.
Good luck to everyone!